Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yeah I'm all out of good titles...deal with it.

You want to know what’s really frustrating? Putting together 998 pieces of a 1,000 piece puzzle and finding out that the last two pieces don’t fit in the only two spots left!!! Haha Some of my teammates and I literally spent the past 3 days putting together a very intricate wildlife puzzle, painstakingly piecing together pandas and monkeys, laboring over bamboo shoots, and fighting over elbow room on the table. We made those last two pieces fit! (Nebraska Soccer – 1, Wildlife Puzzle – 0)

Well, today was a much better day than yesterday (though given that yesterday was miserable, having a better day wasn’t that hard to accomplish.). We had another late evening game, so we slept in and then went on a team walk and stretch. A few of us decided to go on a bike ride afterwards to find some cows…unfortunately, even though it seems like they’re always right along roads when we’re driving, we couldn’t find any that were close to the fences today. It’s really weird, but I’m finding that I like English cows a lot more than American cows. They’re a lot taller and thinner, and they almost look like horses sometimes. The baby cows are the best, though! They’re just so dang cute! (To answer your questions, yes, I do know that baby cows are called calves and yes, I did just refer to cows as cute. They may smell and I may turn them into a cheeseburger before I leave this place, but they are cute. Deal with it.) I did squeeze in time for a two hour nap before dinner! It was absolutely marvelous, and needed after a sleepless night fretting over the last game (I really should start following my own advice. I’m not very good at the whole “keep calm and carry on” thing.) Finally, we played Liverpool Ladies FC to a 3-2 win, which was really exciting because, well, let’s face it beating a professional team is just cool!

I know I don’t have a whole lot to write about tonight, but tomorrow should be a lot more exciting…we’re driving to Wales! (Scratch another one off the bucket list). Apparently we’re going to some castle on a beach, though I’m not sure which one, and then stopping to eat lunch in Snowdonia National Park (I know it sounds like I just made that name up, but Google it. That’s its real name.).

My name is Amy Swearer, and POTS stole my life. I’m taking it back. (In England!)

No comments:

Post a Comment