Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Bible and Harry Potter

Woke up at 3 a.m. with a headache. It's not a migraine, I'm not incapacitated, and I'm not sitting in the hospital with a IV dripping into my arm (or wherever they could get the needle to stick...my veins don't like being pricked with sharp objects. They hide.)  so today is a good day. My older brother was in town for the weekend, so we had a great time hanging out and getting some dinner (and playing Wii on the big screens at Best Buy while we were waiting for an hour to get seated at dinner). My heart rate has been down to practically normal and I made it through all the sprints (GET SOME!!!) last week. I think I can officially declare the week a success!!!

Also, today I went out and bought a One Year Bible. I love it already. It's great because every day is planned out with about 15 minutes of scripture, and every section is mixed up with a little bit of the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs so that even though you're reading the whole Bible, you're not reading straight from one cover to the other (Because let's face it, most people quit about half way through the first this person begat that person who begat so and so, who died...but not before he begat some other guy...) Going to back to my post about seeking after God like I looked for my lost phone, I figure it's kind of hard to find God when you completely ignore 95% of everything He's ever said. I mean, yeah it's great that that we know certain key verses or have a general understanding of what the Bible's about, but let's face it, it's kind of like picking up the fifth Harry Book book, reading a chapter, and then claiming to know what's in all seven books. You could probably name a few major characters and get the gist of what's going on, but you're missing out on the context, the intricacies and quite frankly, the meaning and purpose of the whole series. And you have no idea that Dobby and Dumbledore die, Snape is actually a good guy, and that Harr....I'm going to stop there and hope you get my point because this is starting to sound like I actually read the books. My sister is going to assume we have something in common, and that can't happen... hehehehe



My name is Amy Swearer and POTS stole my life. I'm taking it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment