Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Looking at the bright side...

I lost my phone today ( *collective groan from readers* ). Absolute. Heartbreak. I haven't been this devasted since I found out that the little house elf from the Harry Potter movies dies in the last book. I've literally been in two places all day, and I lost it. I'm never going to hear the end of this one... But I guess that since I have a "no whining" clause in this blog, I'll stop (even though it was technically no whining about POTS). Looking on the bright side, the worst thing that happened today was that I lost my phone (half-truth. The worst thing was blowing $50 on a TracFone and minutes so that I wasn't completely lost in translation with no phone.). But I didn't have a migraine. I didn't have a POTS episode. I didn't even have to get up at 6 am. I just lost my phone. 

Soooo what's my point? My life isn't over and I've made it through a lot worse things than this...I just have to deal with not having my phone for a while. I'll live. So if you're having one of those "are you freaking kidding me, I lost my phone" days, deal with it. Did you survive today? *head nods* Can you get another phone? *head nods* It's nice to be at a point where I can BE worried that I lost my phone, because when I was thinking I'd never play soccer again and that my whole future was imploding, I don't think I would have even cared that I lost my phone. For as much as I hate to say it....YAAAAAY for losing my phone because it reminded me of how far I've come in the past few months.

My name is Amy Swearer, and POTS stole my life. I'm taking it back.

As soon as I find my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment