Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Big Debut...

Wow it's been a busy two weeks! I haven't had time to breathe much less sit down and write a new post...so good news and bad news. Which would you like to hear first? .........since you're not answering you'll get what I give you. The good news - I finally played in my first game as a Husker!!!! The bad news - on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being "Holy cow, All-American!" and 1 being "I couldn't have dreamed of playing this bad even in my worst nightmare," my Husker debut was like a 3. Embarassing. I know it's been 9 months since I've played in a game that counted for anything, but it's still disappointing to go in feeling nervous and end up with a bad result. But such is life.

The BETTER news is that I bounced back and had a very solid 20 minute shift today against Kansas! Gave up a goal, but it was off of a breakaway and there wasn't much I could do. Still stinks giving up the goal, but we ended up with the win and with those first game jitters gone, I was a lot less nervous and started feeling like my old self again! EXCITING!!! And my dad was there to see me play!!! yay! Except he had to fly back home after the game...BOOOOOOO flying home. I miss him already. I know you can't see this, but I just made a really sad face. It's amazing how much more you appreciate your parents when you don't get to see them all the time....or when they don't pay for gas.....or take you out to dinner......or give you hugs......or make you laugh....has that feeling of lonliness and homesickness swept over you yet? Good. That makes two of us.

I said this before, but it's been a really busy two weeks. Lot's of homework, practice, and other bundles of fun like migraines. It's just been a lot to deal with and I find that a lot of times, when we get really busy and caught up in the riggors of life, we let other really important things fall to the wayside....like our time with God. Life is short. It's full of a lot things we spend waaaay too much time on even though they won't matter when we die. Make sure you take the time to invest in things that will last. (Yes that was hint to go read your Bible and pray...I was trying to be subtle....which is ironic because this parenthetical part is completely NOT subtle...oh well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment